I Am Concerned About Protecting My Child From Abuse By My Spouse. Which Types Of Past Abuse By My Spouse Are Important To Tell My Attorney?
I am concerned about protecting my child from abuse by my spouse. Which types of past abuse by my spouse are important to tell my attorney?
Keeping your child safe is your top priority. So that your attorney can help you protect your child, give him or her a full history of the following:
• Hitting, kicking, pushing, shoving, or slapping you or your child
• Sexual abuse
• Threats to harm you or the child
• Threats to abduct your child
• Destruction of property
• Torture of pets or harm to them
• Requiring your child to keep secrets
The process of writing down past events may help you to remember other incidents of abuse that you had forgotten. Be as complete as possible. Provide your attorney with any photographs, medical records or police reports.