What Documents Or Items Should I Give My Attorney To Help Prove The History Of Domestic Violence By My Spouse?
What documents or items should I give my attorney to help prove the history of domestic violence by my spouse?
The following may be useful exhibits if your case goes to court:
- Photographs of injuries
- Photographs of damaged property
- Abusive or threatening notes, letters, or e-mails
- Abusive or threatening voice messages
- Your journal entries about abuse
- Police reports
- Medical records
- Court records
- Criminal and traffic records
- Damaged property, such as torn clothing
Tell your attorney which of these you have or are able to obtain. Ask your lawyer whether others can be acquired through a subpoena or other means.