>    >  Child-Related Expenses

Child-Related Expenses in the State of Louisiana

Child support is intended to cover your children’s reasonable living expenses. However, parents often disagree about the need for certain expenses — and who should be responsible for covering them. Child-related expenses also factor into the calculation for determining the amount of a child support award under Louisiana’s complex guidelines.

For many parents, money continues to be a source of tension long after divorce or separation. Disputes often arise regarding various aspects of child-related expenses, including:

  • Private school tuition
  • College tuition
  • Day care
  • Summer camps
  • Extracurricular activities
  • Tutoring
  • Sports-related expenses
  • Music lessons
  • Health insurance coverage

Allocating these expenses in a fair manner can be challenging. The financial situation of both parents must be taken into account. Likewise, the existing child custody arrangement is also relevant to who pays what. In sum, there is no easy answer.

Practical Answers To Child Support Issues

At the law office of Betsy A. Fischer, LLC, we can take a close look at your circumstances to provide a reasoned assessment of what child-related expenses are appropriate and how they should be divided. We represent clients in initial child support determinations as well as subsequent requests for modifications. Both mothers and fathers throughout the Greater New Orleans area turn to our firm for knowledgeable and personalized guidance.

Our lawyer and founder, Betsy Fischer, draws on a strong background in family law — including more than 20 years of experience handling a broad range of child support issues — to quickly and thoroughly analyze complex child support issues. She offers practical, well-informed answers to complex legal questions.

Handling Child-Related Expenses After Divorce

Please contact us at 504-780-8232 to speak with our lawyer during a private consultation. Our office is conveniently located in Metairie.

Call Now (504) 780-8232